Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 8: Figure the Odds

We managed to get a fairly (for us) early start today. We were fed, gassed up, and on the highway by 10:00 AM. The weather was a bit iffy at first. We had to stop a couple of times to add clothing. It might have a good thing we stopped when we did, because I think we managed to miss a pretty good downpour (judging by the amount of water that was on the road a few miles ahead of us). 

Three hours or so after we left Sheridan, we turned west on I-90. Shortly after I-90 and I-94 split, I heard a car beeping and turned to see our friend Sharon (from North Dakota) waving at me. What a surprise! We knew she was heading to Portland, OR this week, but never dreamed we would find her on the road. 


Sharon watched our backs until we jumped off the highway in Bozeman with the intent of getting a hotel room. Well, today was the day we decided to "play it by ear" and not call ahead for a room -- we could not find a room in Bozeman. So we called ahead to Butte and got a room a bit further up the road than we had originally planned.

The ride from Bozeman to Butte wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. I guess a lot of the traffic up to that point stopped in Bozeman. Yay us.


Mileage today: 374.0
Jae's trip total: 1540.0
Donna's trip total: 1546.1

No comments:

Post a Comment