Friday, August 7, 2015

Sturgis Day 6: Takin' Care of Business

So, today we needed to rest a bit and wrap up the week. We only had a few errands to run, so we took our time getting out going. We returned a couple of items to Menards, grabbed a bite to eat, and headed back to the Harley dealership to pick up the bracelet I bought a couple of days ago.

On the way in, I wanted to see about getting some leather fringe for my levers and one of the vendors there does a braided leather wrap. I pulled my bike in and waited to for one of the guys that worked there. And waited, and waited. Another bike pulled into the stall next to mine and one of the employees walked up the him and asked what he needed. I blew a gasket and stormed out, bike and all. Those of you who know me, know that I don't put up with that kind of stuff. So you know that I didn't leave quietly.

I vented to Donna all the way over to the bracelet vendor. We sat down to have a beer and for me to cool down and headed back to the bikes. As I was getting dressed to get on the highway, Tony, the owner of the leather wrap stall, came up to ask what had happened. I explained my side, and how I felt that I had been snubbed. He apologized and offered to make it right. I apologized for losing my temper.


So I want to give a shout-out to Mike and Tony, the IronBraid guys out of New York. Mike did an awesome job on my levers and the red and silver looks great.


With our errands complete, we went back to Box Elder to clean up for dinner. We took the family out to the LongHorn Steak House, and had a great time.


We also met our friend Kristie at the restaurant, so we had quite a party at our table.


After a wonderful meal, we rode back to the camper and started the packing process. Tomorrow we head for home and back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment